Thursday, July 15, 2010

Journal Entry Nine: Inventions and Necessary Items

Thing I couldn't live without


I could NOT live without sweets! I think that most can agree that a little "sugar tooth" will drive you crazy.













I literally could not LIVE without water and neither could anyone else. Its so good for you too because it hydrates and energizes you and helps get rid of all of the toxins in your body.
















PIZZA!!! I could not live without pizza. It is probably one of my favorite foods.












I could not live without my phone. For one, none of my family lives in Flagstaff and I need it so that I can keep in touch with them. I also need it for a number of other communication reasons as well.















The TV is important to me. I live a stressful life and even though I do not have cable it is so nice to be able to relax and "wind down" with a movie. It helps take my mind off of the millions of things that are going on in my life.















I absolutely love candles. I love the way it makes my house smell and I believe it helps calm and soothe me.

















Music is another vital part of my life. There are so many songs that I can relate to and music is the one good thing at "setting the mood" that you are looking for.











I NEED coffee. With such a hectic life and all the late nights between work, school, and homework I don't think I would be able to wake up in the mornings and begin my day without it.











I have been a cheese lover my whole life and anyone who knows me knows that I always have about five packages of cheese in my fridge.
















I need showers to help me relax from a hard day and, also for the main purpose of cleaning myself.

















Great Inventions


One great invention of the past is the light bulb! The light bulb was just the beginning of the technology that was soon to come but, it is so very important to the many things that we do everyday.















The next great invention is the remote control. How could we be lazy wihout it! THe remote control has given us the privelage to be able to stay on our butts. On a more serious note though, the remote control has been a blessing to so many of those who are handicapped.













The stove is an awesome invention. Now people don't have to cook like cavemen and don't have to deal with cooking over an actual fire outdoors. The stove top has given people the ability to be able to cook comfortably within their homes.













Google and other web search engines are a great invention because they have allowed people to do so many different things on the internet. Can you imagine what the internet would be without a search engine? People would have to acquire website addresses themselves. Search engines have made it so easy to "surf" the web and find exactly what you are looking for.




Anyone who does not appreciate the invention of the toilet is crazy! My grandma used to live on a farm of fifteen brothers and sisters in Canada and the older brothers and sisters would have to switch off doing bathroom duty. By bathroom duty, I mean waking up in the middle of the night and taking the younger brother or sister out to the outhouse in the freezing cold. I think that is enough said about the invention of the toilet.










The next on my list of great inventions is the clothing iron. I don't know about you but, I have left my clothes sitting in the dryer before and they get all wrinkly. The iron gives me the privelage of getting out all the wrinkles without having to re-wash my clothes.












The next great invention is the fan. Oh, what an awesome invention! I'm sure the great folks of Phoenix are appreciating these much more than us right now. I could not imagine not having a fan and having to deal with the discomfort and sweat from the heat. Fans help everyone to keep dry and cool.








The computer is one of the more advanced inventions out there. They have developed so much since the day that they were first invented. The majority of the public uses the computer for a number of reasons. Some of these reasons include expanding knowledge, leisure, and communication. Computers are becoming so widely used and in America today you can't hardly take a college course without needing the internet.










The microwave is a fantastic invention. Yes, there may be other means of cooking your food but, in such a fast-paced society it is so helpful just to be able to "zap" your food in the microwave.






The fridge is also a great invention. It helps us to keep our food from going bad. What more can I say there?









No comments:

Post a Comment