Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Journal Entry Eleven: Situational Decisions

My first symbol is representing the point in my day where I decide whether or not I want to clean. The image on the left is a mop and the one on the right is a cockroach. Although the cockroach is a little extreme it still signifies that my house will be dirty if I decide to do what is on the right and not clean.
The second symbol represents a decision that I come across every morning and this is if I feel up to doing my makeup or not. The image on the left shows an eye with mascara and eye shadow and the eye on the right is plain. The choice of color is blue for the eye shadow and is only used to make the use of makeup obvious.


The next symbol is for a decision that I encounter at dinnertime. The image on the left is a stove and represents that I will cook at home and the image on the right is a to-go box and represents going out to eat. There is only one color in this symbol and it is to show a hot burner on the stove.




The next symbol represents a decision that I make at night. The image on the left is a night scene but the sun is still slightly visible as it sets. The image on the right is also a night scene however, it is in the middle of the night. These two opposites show whether or not I decide to go to bed early or late.



The next symbol shows whether or not I choose to do homework or entertain myself. The image on the left is a textbook and the one on the right is a television. The use of color choice in this drawing is significant. The green on the textbook is supposed to invoke "go" just like a green traffic light. The purple on the TV is supposed to be a more "lively" color but also soothing like lavender.

No comments:

Post a Comment